Projects Department CoordinatorNicosia Cyprus Full-Time Non-Remote
Our client based in Nicosia, Cyprus is active in European Union affairs, in particular in research, innovation and educational programs.
They are now looking for an experienced, ambitious and talented Co-ordinator for the Projects Department.
The chosen applicant will be responsible for management of the Projects Department, its smooth operations and performance.
- Monitors and ensures the efficient implementation of the policies and regulations of the Organization by all members of the Department
- Coordinates, supports and guides the project managers as regards to their daily activities and responsibilities; Assigns tasks to internal teams and assists with schedule management and handles any issues that arise
- Designs effectively the resource planning, along with each responsible Manager and communicates them to the Managing Director
- Ensures the effective and efficient implementation of the projects of the Department, according to the available resources, equipment and information
- Plans and coordinates the proposals preparation and submission process of the Department
- Is responsible for the induction process of the new members of the Department
- Develops proposals and implements projects under European and National programs
- Liaises with clients/partners to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives for effective and efficient cooperation
- Analyzes the risks and opportunities of the Department
- Performs quality assurance within the Department (people/resources/methods)
- Implements the monitoring tools and methods of the Organization with the members of the Department and reports to the Managing Director
- Participate in team’s performance reviews as well as to the planning of the training and development needs of the Department
- Acts as the point of contact and communicates the Departments’ and projects’ status to the Managing Director
- Along with the Managing Director, sets the goals of the Department, at annual basis (as well as at personal level)
- Undertakes initiatives and proposes actions and activities, which will further improve and develop the Department.
- Plans/undertakes any other activities, tasks and actions which are necessary for the effective operation and development of the Department
- Managing & implementing EU and/or
National projects, under Research & Educational Programs (at least 5 years)
- Managing project teams of approx. 10 people and more
- Preparation of research proposals, grant
applications, and tenders.
- Higher education degree
- Fluency in English is essential – Greek is an advantage and desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- Problem solving skills
- Taking initiatives and willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office), IT literate
- Able to travel couple of times a month during busy periods, short trips within the EU
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including 13th salary & bonus schemes
- Opportunity to take part in international research and innovation projects
- Career Opportunity in EU project development and management
- A pleasant and flexible working environment
- This is a full-time post, with a probationary period of six months
- The successful candidate will be provided with extensive training. It is a requirement that the selected candidate will be able to pick up the established work processes and project requirements, as well as be able to deliver independently within the first three months of their hiring.
HR Innovate is an equal opportunity Recruiting Agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to protecting your personal data.